Thursday, May 12, 2016

The mountains are calling and I must go.

lake arrowhead
Orchard Bay in Lake Arrowhead

It's my one year anniversary of moving to Lake Arrowhead in a few days.   One year ago today I was trying to pack up my home of 18 years in Silverlake while breathing massive sighs of relief that my parents were not buried under the rubble somewhere in Nepal.  (They had been travelling from Tibet to Nepal by car when the devastating earthquake struck.)  THANK GOD they were back in Los Angeles with me safe and somewhat sound.  Plus I really did need their help moving.  :)

Side note:  The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo was a life saver and the perfect way to shed unnecessary stuff for a fresh start.   I could go on and on but that would be another post...

Why Lake Arrowhead, you ask?   I had reached the end of the proverbial rope and didn't know where to go.  I just knew I needed a major change.   I still don't really know how it happened or how to explain it other than it was literally the answer to my prayer - one day I decided to move to Lake Arrowhead and within 2 weeks I had an accepted offer on a house and that was that.  My house that was built the year I was born and had been patiently waiting for me all these years.  My house.  :)

lake arrowhead, mountain living, real estate
Look at my cute house!  Did I mention we get 4 seasons up here?

Sometimes I would fantasize about running away from all the madness and living in a small town by a lake or the ocean.   As much as I love the ocean- tsunamis freak me out-  probably because my parents and I missed the Thailand tsunami by 1 week.  (I also missed the 9-11 flight by one week...and I think there's a couple more stories like that but I digress...) So anyway WHO KNEW that only 90 minutes from Los Angeles was a small town by a lake but also ON TOP OF A MOUNTAIN in a FOREST!   1 mile high in the sky.   And not only that but compared to Los Angeles- real estate was (dirt cheap) affordable!

I had actually been to Lake Arrowhead twice before- once with a German ex (you can read all about that fiasco is my book Psychic Junkie and once for the now (sadly) defunct Lake Arrowhead Film Festival for my epic paranormal musical film The Dead Inside.  I had no clue that a few years later it would be my home.



I live in the "Arrowhead Woods" which means I have lake rights.  Unlike Big Bear, Lake Arrowhead is a private lake for residents of the Arrowhead Woods- which is probably why many people don't know about it.   Which makes it awesome.   I mean Arrowhead water comes out of my tap!   The lake is so clean- we drink it!   We can also boat, kayak, paddle board, fish, swim, water ski etc. just no pesky noisy jetskis.   My house is only a 3 minute walk to the lake.  It's 3 bedroom, 2 bath with a large living room size deck.  I'm surrounded by cedars and dogwoods.   And it was only $308k!   If I had an extra million dollars perhaps I could find something comparable walking distance to Echo Park lake in Los Angeles. 

So I left Los Angeles behind and moved up here and had NO CLUE what I was going to do to earn a living.   My lovely real estate agent Debra Parkinson hired me as her assistant and taught me the ropes.   Now I have my very own Real Estate license.   My mission is to make people down in the flatlands aware of Southern California's best kept secret and to start my own colony of awesome people.   Lake Arrowhead never really recovered from the real estate crash.   However the prices are now slowly starting to rise.   Which means IT'S A GREAT TIME TO INVEST!   Whether you want to run away and start over or have a weekend retreat or a writers retreat or an investment property you can rent out on Airbnb - Lake Arrowhead has many great options.  It's a buyers market.   Ok.  I could go on and on about all that Lake Arrowhead has to offer but that's why I'm starting this blog.   I want to share with you all how great it is up here.   :)

Lake Life

lake arrowhead realtor, lake arrowhead real estate


Please "like" my Lake Arrowhead Living Facebook page to follow all my mountain lake adventures.  If you're interested in learning more about the real estate opportunities up here send me an email at lassezfair@gmail.com  I'll be happy to show you around and I can even take you out on the lake kayaking!  

Sarah Lassez
Realtor® at Keller Williams Lake Arrowhead
CalBRE #02004414



4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! I love the mountain life. I am a flatlander with a cabin in Running Springs. I would love to have private access to a lake. We go to Green Valley Lake for kayaking and paddle boarding. I recently also started a blog but mine is about running and all the things that go with it, in addition to other outdoor activities. Looks like you enjoy the outdoors and fitness, so if are interested check out my blog at runheartfit.net
    I look forward to see what else you post! Congrats on your new life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Denise! I love Running Springs. :) I will check out your blog.

      Delete
  2. I love your journey and how without you consciously knowing, life led you to a secret, idyllic place ...and you are sharing your new found insight and blessings with the rest of us! Maybe I would have moved to your lake instead of the Caribbean a few years ago if if known! Well, there's still time :))

    ReplyDelete