Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Excuse me while I go forest bathing...

lake arrowhead, rim of the world,forest bathing,lake arrowhead real estate
Above the clouds.   I took this photo on my way down the mountain yesterday.  

Apart from how beautiful it is here in Lake Arrowhead and how much I love living in a small town- there are health benefits to simply being here.   To the casual observer I may look like I'm merely sitting on my deck in the sun,  listening to the birds and typing on my computer- however I'm actually forest bathing.  :)  Forest bathing aka Shinrin-yoku is a thing- and may even help fight cancer! According to yesterday's The Washington Post, "Forest Bathing is the latest fitness trend to hit U.S.-Where yoga was 30 years ago."  This is the kind of fitness trend I can get behind.  :)
  
lake arrowhead
 Peeks of Lake Arrowhead through the trees.  Photo taken from the Mountain Community Hospital.


From Yoga Journal

"Mindfully soaking up a forest’s sensory stimuli (the aroma of damp wood, the sound of crunching leaves, the feeling of plush moss) has been shown to reduce stress, anxiety, and blood pressure. In fact, sitting in the woods for as little as 15 minutes was enough to noticeably ease anxiety and raise energy, found scientists at Chiba University in Japan. And breathing in phytoncides, compounds naturally released by trees, may ramp up your immune system’s disease-fighting natural killer cells for more than a month, according to an Environmental Health and Preventive Medicine study." 

Little did I know I was forest bathing.  Photo taken last fall at Heaps Peak Arboretum.

I'm previewing houses right now for a client and found several cute cabins with lake rights in the $250,000 range (the least expensive homes in the Arrowhead woods as of this writing).   You could have your own forest bathtub for a song!

May the Forest be with you.  

Arrowhead Woods

lake arrowhead realtor, lake arrowhead real estate


Please "like" my Lake Arrowhead Living Facebook page to follow all my mountain lake adventures.  If you're interested in learning more about the real estate opportunities up here send me an email at lassezfair@gmail.com  I'll be happy to show you around and I can even take you out on the lake kayaking!  

Sarah Lassez
Realtor® at Keller Williams Lake Arrowhead
CalBRE #02004414

No comments:

Post a Comment